Skip to main content

Where to Get Your Medicare Questions Answered

The number of Medicare resources available to help people is astounding.  While we think you will find what you need sooner if you enlist our help, we've provided below some of the more popular aides.


Call Medicare to get general or claims specific information and important telephone numbers. If you need help in a language other than English or Spanish, say “Agent” to talk to a customer service representative.


Medicare Savings Program
The Medicare Savings Program offers various levels of assistance to those on a low income.


  •  In AZ, call 1 602 417 5010
  •  In UT, call 1 801 526 0950
  •  In other states, contact the state Medicaid offices

State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP)

Call SHIP to get free personalized Medicare counseling on decisions about coverage; help with claims, billing, or appeals; and information on programs for people with limited income and resources.


Social Security
Call Social Security to get a replacement Medicare card; change your address or name; get information about Part A and/or Part B eligibility, entitlement, and enrollment; apply for Extra Help with Medicare prescription drug costs; ask questions about premiums; and report a death.


Coordination of Benefits Contractor
Medicare has a separate number to get information on whether Medicare or your other insurance pays first and to report changes in your insurance information.


  • 1 800 999 1118
  • TTY 1 800 318 8782

Department of Defense
Military retirees are generally best served by choosing TRICARE for Life.  Call the numbers below to get information about TRICARE for Life and the TRICARE Pharmacy Program.


Department of Health and Human Services
The Office of Inspector General handles fraud reports.  Contact them if you suspect Medicare fraud.


Office for Civil Rights
If you think you were discriminated against or if your health information privacy rights were violated, you can call the Office for Civil Rights.


Department of Veterans Affairs
If you’re a veteran or have served in the U.S. military but are not eligible for TRICARE for life, you may be eligible for some level of VA medical benefits.  Contact the Department of Veterans Affairs to determine your eligibility


Office of Personnel Management
Federal retirees can get information about the Federal Employee Health Benefits Program for current and retired Federal employees by contacting the Office of Personnel Management.


Railroad Retirement Board (RRB)
If you receive benefits from the RRB, you will call them instead of Medicare or Social Security to change your address or name, check eligibility, enroll in Medicare, replace your Medicare card, and report a death.


  • Local RRB office or
  • 1 877 772 5772

Quality Improvement Organization (QIO)
If you have Original Medicare and need to ask questions or report complaints about the quality of care for a Medicare covered service or if you think your service is ending too soon. Call 1 800 MEDICARE to get the telephone number for your QIO.  If you are in a Medicare Advantage Plan, you will need to contact the plan first.


FORM NAME: Contact Us About Medicare



YES, I would like to have a licensed insurance agent call or email me about Medicare Advantage Plans, Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Plans and/or Medicare Supplement Insurance.